Saturday, July 26, 2014

Até a próxima vez Chicumbane

VOVO! I will miss the many afternoons just sitting with him drinking tea and discussing the latest news on the radio. And I'll miss that sweater! 
A few snapshots from saying "good-bye" to Chicumbane...
in an All-American fashion...complete with hot dogs, brownies and lemonade. 

Last snack break at the hospital

Luis Machava, my supervisor, and Enia, psycho-social fellow, with EGPAF. 



Good-bye dinner with GRUPO AMIZADE


Last Saturday with the kids in the yard...I think they were over from sun up til sundown. 

Avo Rachel, Dona Olinda and Dona Gina all enjoying some American treats!

My German sitemates and my charra!

Avo and Flomena wrapping me with a capulana. One of three capulanas that I was given during my good-bye parties.

Some of the usual kiddos in my yard. Gonna miss these guys!

Avo, Dona Rachel and Dona Olinda. These ladies definitely knew how to keep tabs on me! :)

Dona Persina, Vovo and Antonio. My landlady and her family. They treated me as their own for the last two years. 

But, really it is not good-bye, just ate a proxima...

No comments:

Post a Comment